shut in

I have yet to do to a full day or work this week. Maybe tomorrow. Fridays are always good.
We have the flu. We meaning, Shaun had it last week. O got it this weekend and it hit me about Tuesday. It ran over me yesterday. I haven't checked email, done laundry or cooked dinner. Mostly I have just laid in bed and watched bad tv.
I have been through 2 boxes of kleenex, 4 bottles of gatorade and go everywhere covered in my green furry blanket. Notice I did not say any medicine.
Apparently all I can have is Tylonal. I called the dr. and said I had the flu and asked what medicines I could take. I expected a much longer list. I have done this before. I had the flu when I was pregnant with Owen, but was much further along so I had more medicinal options. I was under the impression that all Tylonal products were ok. No Nyquil but atleast I could have that fabulous Tylonal nightime cold and flu elixer medicine. Nope. I should have waited 5 more weeks to get the flu. My options were Tylonal and Extra strength Tylonal. Neither one of those helped me sleep or stopped my nose from pooring.
After a night of tossing, sneezing and night sweats, I am feeling more like a person. I am getting tired of watching daytime TV, but still quite muster the energy to go around the house and start picking up the carpet of tissues that have been left behind.

2 comments:

Kate said...

:( I'm so sorry you are sick. It's no fun being sick and preggo... I hope you get to feeling better.

Kate :)

"Bluebonnet in the snow" said...

I hope you are feeling better, though the weather today lends itself to being indoors snuggled under covers. Keep me posted on when two lines blog is officially up & running.