1. What is ONE word to describe your child? not a rule follower (that was 4 words btw)
2. What are your child's strengths? smart, kind, can put away way more donuts than she seems like she can store and not a shabby whip and nae nae.
3. What does your child need help with? matching her clothes, cleaning her room, algebra
4. Is your child afraid of anything? vegetables
5. Does your child celebrate any special times of year or holidays? when they release new flavors of frozen yogurt at yogurt land
6. What kinds of activities is your child involved in outside of school? soccer, dance and she claims to be a ninja
7. Does your child like to read or be read to? She can read above grade level, but much prefers to go through this still painful process of sounding out words and asking for help when you are watching a movie or talking on the phone. She reads the texts on my phone ...especially ones I wish she hadn't...effortlessly.
8. Does your child have internet access at home? Yes. Except when AT&T is providing us less than stellar service....which is far more often than I'd like. Do you want to call customer service for me. I can not handle the wait or terrible music they play.
9. If yes, what type of electronic devices are available for your child to use? Is this a trick question to make sure we monitor screen time. We totally do. Sometimes. When I have had enough sleep. She has no device of her own although I think a Macbook is on her Christmas list. (good thing she is most likely on the naughty list). But, yes...she came out of the womb knowing my cell phone password and we have a myriad of other devices she can hack into when we can find them and they are actually charged.
10. What are YOU most excited about for your child this year? fundraisers. I love fundraisers.
11. What is your biggest concern or fear about this school year? homework folders and never ending pickup lines. I have nightmares about these things.
12. How can I best help your child succeed this year? She loves attention and compliments. (she totally gets that from her dad). She is easily motivated by chocolate or food. (she also gets that from her dad). She is quiet at first, but when she warms up...watch out. (ok the quiet part is actually from her dad, but everything else from me).
13. What else would you like me to know about your child? She has exactly 284 freckles. She did not pass her swimming test at camp thurman this year -- it is a sore topic-- so try not to bring it up. She loves glitter and can sniff it out...so keep an eye on your stash. She loves crafts, music, science and the Beastie Boys so you might want to add that to your playlist. Edited of course.
14. What other questions do you have for me? Tess would like to know what day of the week the cafeteria serves chicken nuggets and which you like more: puffy cheetos or funyons? I wanted to ask what that little 3 digit code was on the back of your credit card but my husband said I couldn't....so please for the love of expo markers do you have a sense of humor or at least won't hold these crazy answers against my smart, kind, tender kid?